17.10 Chapter Summary
This chapter covered these topics:
- A discussion of the implementation of numeric data types such as complex numbers.
- ISO standard support for complex numbers both within the language and in standard libraries.
- One application of complex numbers in electrical circuits.
- A discussion of complex number input and output, and an implementation of a library for these.
- A discussion of decimal types and how these may be implemented (optional).
- A suggestion for defining and implementing a polynomial type.
- Date and time support in the ISO standard, and some comments on date and time arithmetic.
- An extended discussion of whole number I/O with a look at the ISO libraries and their implementations.
It included discussion of the following Modula-2 built-ins:
|Reserved Words ||Standard Identifier|
(The real and long versions of the latter two were also mentioned.)